martes, 5 de enero de 2010

There are days when it's better not to getting out of bed...


Ok, now, who on earth has the worst luck ever when it is supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life? Well, apparently, I have. But no, it's not my intention to expose here all of my misfortunes, no, I’m decided to use this story as a kind of therapy, I don’t even care if this interest people or not, I just want to laugh at myself and my luck; I think is the best in the end and, an important lesson I’ve recently learned: life could be hard and senseless sometimes, but we must try to look for the positive point of view in every situation we could face with. In my case, I used this for making my family and people around me to laugh at that unlucky human being that I am. And that’s a good thing, I think.
Let’s start.
I’m not the kind of person who likes to get up early(pretty early, in my case) in the morning, with a splendid smile in the face and in a very good mood. Ok, no I’m not, but hey, I respect if you do (for God’s sake, do you???!!). So, when you’re that kind of person, who has to wake up early, but by chance, your mobile phone alarm clock doesn’t rings that day, even worse!, when you realize that it is 7 o’clock and you have already missed the bus that takes you to the university, in an important day, oh God, you just want to go back to bed! I ran behind the bus, I ran as I’ve never run before, but I missed the bus anyway.
And, as people always tell me, I’m different. Because that day(the-most-windy-day-I’ve-ever-seen) I should have stayed home, (like a sensible person would have done), instead of trying to get to college on foot… could I possibly be more silly? 3 kilometers in a windy day could seem years, trust me. So, that was me, with my heavy rucksack, my boundless folder full of papers (half of them went with the wind, obviously) and a dozen or handkerchiefs or so (as you imagine, I lost a pair or more in my way). Now I can understand the strange faces of people in the street watching me. But I just hate that! When you’re in your most ridiculous moment, making weird movements with your face and your body because of the wind, and noticing how people in their comfortable and warm cars are staring at you with a smile. You want to kill them, although only because you want to get in their cars and get warm.
Oh! Another thing to point out: do you know how hard it is to walk (or drag in my case) with strong head wind? Well, I do. It makes your progress slower, and I felt as if I was in the slow motion mode. Of course, it took me three more times to get to my destination, but I eventually did after 2 hours, hundreds of papers and a couple of scarves lost and being a bit humiliated.

“Ok, it was not that bad, I missed the first class, but at least I can attend the other ones”, I thought. Poor me. I didn’t know what was about to come. When I went upstairs to my next class, some of my classmates told me that the lesson had been suspended. Oh no. I started laughing and crying at the same time and they looked at me as if I was mad or something. Again. I started complaining about how I hated my life and that stuff but then I thought “hang on, you’re a strong (?) and mature(?) woman, you can deal with this.” So I recovered myself and went to do something productive with my desperation.
After been waiting during two unproductive hours, I could eventually attend my next class: Catalan language. Lucky me, because I have zero command on it and is my least favorite subject. Is not that I hate the language itself or something like that, it’s just not my cup of tea. And after 2 hours in the class my classmate and I were some kind of ‘ The Octopus Boy’ and ‘ The Sea Horse Girl’ trying to save the underwater depths and the marine life from the evil plankton. Uffffff… I’m sorry 'bout that. I guess those lessons are just too much for me.
I was intellectually exhausted when I got out to the class and after that I had to go to the Official Languages’ School for my Chinese lesson. But, as lucky as I am, I missed the bus that supposedly had to take me there. Again. I was about to give up and come back home when my little and stupid common sense told me that I definitely should go there. So I just did.
Unluckily, I don’t feel mentally strong enough to write all the misfortunes that happened later, so maybe I’ll post them tomorrow. I kind of feel miserable now!

1 comentario:

  1. Even when you think you had enough in a though day.. life always finds the way to show you how the days is 24 hours to keep on surprising you.

    Cheer up, some of us had worse moments today.

    ResponderEliminar